On the House side: The House is set to re-vote on the Obamacare Opt Out legislation. Several Republicans were absent last Thursday, and it did not pass. I’m told they have the votes to get it through this week.
On the Senate side: The Senate may take up Sen. Beason’s immigration reform legislation in committee on Wednesday.
Other items on the regular calendar for this week:
- SB127-Limiting terms in the Alabama House and/or Senate to 3 terms.
- SB136-Provides for electronic filing of campaign finance reports.
- SB50-Provides tax credits for businesses that create jobs.
- SB152-Establishes a 5-year property tax exemption for small businesses that relocate or expand in Alabama.
- SB111-Prohibits counties and municipalities from collecting occupational tax.
- HB32-Moves the presidential primary from March to June to coincide with state primary elections.
- HB56-Immigration Reform legislation.
- HB8-Amends the definition of “child” to include the unborn.
- HB102-Ban on texting while driving.
- HB126-Forever Wild reauthorization
- HB211-Requires the state to provide liability insurance for teachers.