Phenomenal Documentary – Will Inspire The Whole Family!
Click the picture to access the free watch-on-demand link from APT.
5 Things You Need to Know About Pelosi’s Bill
House Speaker Pelosi has continuously postponed the House’s return to session, only to release an 1,800 page, $3 trillion, entirely partisan bill crafted in secret — then demand a vote on it the very same week. It passed along mostly partisan lines. It must be totally rejected by the Senate because of its size and substance. This added $3 trillion dollars, the most expensive bill ever to pass Congress, would put federal spending at 52% of the Gross Domestic Product, which is unsustainable for any nation. In substance, Speaker Pelosi’s new bill contains wildly irresponsible provisions having nothing to do with coronavirus response. Reading her wish list is instructive.
Speaker Pelosi is using her bill to try and push a wish list of dangerous policies and unrelated spending that has nothing to do with coronavirus response.
- It would prevent the government from informing the public about lower cost coverage options like association health plans or short-term limited duration plans.
- American families need to know about all their healthcare options now more than ever. Democrats think Washington knows best and want to limit families’ choices.
- FROM PROPUBLICA: “There is bipartisan consensus that mail-in ballots are the form of voting most vulnerable to fraud. A 2005 commission led by President Jimmy Carter and James A. Baker III — George W. Bush’s secretary of state — concluded that these ballots ‘remain the largest source of potential voter fraud.’”
- Making matters worse, their bill would even prohibit states from trying to combat voter fraud by requiring a form of ID to obtain an absentee ballot.
- House Democrats want to provide work authorization for illegal aliens they claim are in “critical infrastructure” jobs.
- Pelosi’s bill would enable illegal aliens to receive direct stimulus payments funded by American taxpayers, as the bill does not require social security number verification.
- House Democrats’ bill provides a bail out for failing union-run multiemployer pension plans.
- While they have politicized this crisis to attack the President every step of the way, House Democrats clearly have no intention of holding China accountable.
More info from Congressman Scalise’s office:
Democrats have continuously postponed the House’s return to session, only to release a 1,800 page, $3 trillion, entirely partisan bill crafted in secret — then demand a vote on it the very same week. Speaker Pelosi’s new bill contains wildly irresponsible provisions and is so partisan it cannot be signed into law and will not help a single American family. It would be the most expensive bill to ever pass the House of Representatives.
- $915 billion to bail out state, local, and tribal governments
- $25 billion bailout for the Postal Service
- $10 million for National Endowment for the Arts
- $10 million for National Endowment for the Humanities
- Provides “deferred action” and work authorization during the emergency declaration and for 90 days after for illegal aliens working in jobs that could be held by out-of-work Americans.
- Allows illegal immigrants to receive direct stimulus payments because the bill does not require social security number verification.
- Uses taxpayer dollars to bail out failing union-run multiemployer pension plans.
- Extends $600/week UI supplement through Jan. 31, 2021, plus a transition to allow the supplement to continue through March 31, 2021 for those who have not exhausted their benefits, meaning businesses will be competing with unemployment benefits for workers through spring of 2021.
- Provides a tax break for millionaires and billionaires by repealing SALT limitations for 2020 and 2021.
- Mandates a blanket release for certain covered federal prisoners and alleged criminals, while imposing a high burden for the government to prove they present a risk of harm to society upon release.
- Imposes a one-size-fits-all OSHA rule on all employers, which is counterproductive given the ever-changing circumstances created by COVID-19.
- Provides $10,000 of blanket student loan forgiveness for all public and private loans.
- Radically expands Phase 2 paid leave employer mandates by extending the mandates for an extra year, applying them to all employers, including small businesses, allowing more categories of leave to be compensated, and subjecting small businesses to lawsuits for alleged violations.
- Federalizes elections by including stringent mandates on how states must run elections, including early voting, no ID requirement for in-person voting, same-day registration, and no-excuse vote by mail in addition to providing absentee ballots to all registered voters without restrictions on ballot harvesting.
- Expands Obamacare through a new Special Enrollment period, which has already been rejected by the White House.
- Provides a 100 percent subsidy to cover an individual’s premium costs for COBRA continuation coverage or a furloughed worker’s employer-sponsored coverage premium costs without Hyde protections to ensure that no federal funds are used to provide abortion services.
- Virtually rewrites SNAP policy with no reference to COVID-19 and permanently disallows rulemaking pertaining to work requirements and eligibility.
- Increases the minimum SNAP benefit from $16 to $30, permanently
- Waives all work requirements from June 1 until the date two years after enactment
- Permanently rescinds the Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents, Broad Based Categorical Eligibility, and Standard Utility Allowance rules
- Ensures the additional $600 in UI income is not counted toward SNAP eligibility determinations