Home / Issues
This packet of information was created to assist your efforts to stand against the creep of marijuana expansion and the harm it will bring to your communities. We have also commissioned the production of a “toolkit”, much like the one designed for other states.
Conclusion: It’s cruel that the majority of money being spent on the gambling will come from the limited resources of the poor all under the banner of voluntary entertainment. Legislators should focus on legislation that promotes job-friendly environments and fosters strong families. Those are things that lift people out of poverty.
2. It’s an irresponsible way to raise funds for state government.
Conclusion: The negatives that gambling brings to a state far outweigh the revenues gained. Legislators should rely on common-sense budget reforms and shrinking government rather than relying on gambling income.
3. Gambling hurts families.
Conclusion: Gambling addiction ranks within the top 10 most common addictions. If a statewide lottery is allowed the state will have to deal with the severe and abundant social and financial problems that will necessarily come with it. Again, we believe the negatives far outweigh the revenue.
Join Eagle Forum Today!
Eagle Forum of Alabama Board Member Lori Herring (RN-Ret), who homeschooled her four now adult boys, provides the following encouragement and resources to our readers:
Take a deep breath…let it out slowly….and look at your children with fresh eyes…. The Lord has given you these particular children because YOU and your SPOUSE were picked to teach and raise His children. You are equipped to do this. Relax…ask your Father for direction and He will hear you.
Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.
IMHO, the best way to start the day is to take a few minutes to thank the Lord for your blessings and ask Him for guidance for today. He is faithful. He will be your guide. Then teach your children to do the same.
I have compiled a list of free or low cost resources available online that anyone can use from home. It is by no means a comprehensive list. In fact, there is so much available it can be overwhelming.
The best way to homeschool is the way that works for your family, for each particular child. What works great for one family, may not work for yours. Don’t be afraid to change if it’s not working.
– Helped pass legislation to ban COVID vaccine passports, protect women’s sports, protect babies born alive during a botched abortion and stop the passage of full-scale gambling.
– Consulted with the Alabama Attorney General to ensure students, parents and employees know their rights in regards to vaccine and mask mandates.
– Co-hosted a standing room only COVID Truths Doctors’ Forum.
– Drafted a State School Board resolution to ban Critical Race Theory in Alabama public schools.
– Invited by Alabama’s Secretary of State to participate in a 15-member task force to write legislation to stop voter fraud.
– Co-hosted the first-ever national Student Eagle Conference in Nashville.
– Started an initiative to build small groups across Alabama.
– In 2021 Alabama EF was mentioned by name in national and international news outlets like: Fox News, CNN, One News Now, Washington Post, NPR, NBC News, Associated Press, CNS News, Federalist News Network, American Family Radio, The Hill, New American Journal, The Guardian, and The Independent UK.